Kale Salad-- So frikkin good!
I am loving this recipe right now so much so that I just had to share it!! It has all the wonderful flavors of fall and kale is packed with every vitamin and mineral known to man :-)
1 bunch Kale
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp minced Shallot
1 tsp Dijon Mustard (optional)
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese (or similar hard cheese)
1. Cut Pomegranate in half and place in bowl. Cover with water and allow to soak.
2. Remove tough stems from Kale. Chop all leaves into a serving bowl.
3. In small bowl, mix together vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, minced shallot, and optional dijon mustard. Pour dressing over Kale and toss to coat. It will not seem like enough dressing.
4. Drain water from pomegranate. With the inside facing down, begin to squeeze the pomegranate. The bright red seeds will pop out into the bowl along with juice. Extract all seeds. Spoon the seeds out and toss them with the Kale. If some juice gets in there, it is fine and increases the flavor.
5. Allow the Kale and Pomegranate Seed Salad to soak overnight and wilt.
6. To serve, top with Pine Nuts and Parmesan Cheese.